Recommended uses for all Cocina Mestiza’s Gilling and Dipping Sweet and Sour Sauces:
- Cheese: Cocina Mestiza Sauces can be served over mild flavored cheese as an appetizer. Brie, Camambert, or cream cheese work very well. Serve with crackers or bread.
- Salad Dressings: Create luscious fruit dressings with our Sweet and Sour Sauces. Just add your favorite vinegars, oils, seasonings and spices to taste. Some ideas are Dijon style mustard, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, cider or rice vinegars, walnut or sesame oil, grated lemon zest, ginger, garlic, onion, etc. Experiment to your fancy with these versatile sauces.
- Dipping sauces: Make any kind of dipping sauce for breaded shrimp or tempura, chicken nueggets, chicken wings, etc. Formulate your own flavors or influence with Oriental, European o Mexican ingredients.
- Grilling: Season meat, chicken or vegetables with salt and pepper or seasonings. In the last part of the grilling generously brush your favorite flavor of Cocina Mestiza’s Sweet and Sour Sauces over food.
- Marinades: Sweet and Sour sauces can be mixed with finely chopped onion and garlic, salt and pepper to create a marinade for meat chicken and fish.
Tamarind pulp, sugar, wáter, cornstarch, acetic acid, iodized salt, chile de árbol and spices.